Release 0.81; Jun 18, 2018
- Enhancement Support for new ASR Bundles (keenB2)
Release 0.8; May 28, 2018
Enhancement SDK will load shared libraries, so developers don’t need to do it in their Java app.
Enhancement Further enhancements and optimizations to handle decoding speed on various CPU chipsets on Android devices in order to minimize chances of buffer overflows (decoding running slower then real-time for extended period of time). We are also releasing a more compact ASR Bundle that has smaller disk/memory footprint and lower CPU utilization. One of the changes requires the app to declare the use of wake locks, by adding the following line to the AndroidManifest.xml file:
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WAKE_LOCK" />.
Bug Fix getDecodingGraphCreationDate was always returning null.
Bug Fix Gracefully handle scenarios when microphone cannot be initialized; if SDK cannot initialize audio stack it will gracefully handle the error and return null shared instance.
Bug Fix JNI crash due to local table reference overflow; this bug was occuring in rare situations when there is a large number of words (more than ~250) in the recognized response.
Release 0.7.2; Apr 19, 2018
- Feature Add experimental support for echo cancellation.
- Enhancement Utilize multiple CPU cores for computation, if available.
- Feature Provide JSON version of the ASR result.
Release 0.7.1; Jan 31, 2018
- Bug Fix SDK fails to initialize while loading config file
Release 0.7; Jan 23, 2018
Bug Fix Audio buffer overflows could occur on older devices, when default ASR Bundle (librispeech-nnet2-en-us) is used for decoding; this would result in unreliable recognition performance and corrupt audio files (when file recording is enabled). We added monitoring and logging, so that it’s easier to detect this issue. For the time being, we can provide simpler ASR Bundles on request, which solve this problem for majority of devices released in the last 2-3 years. Future releases will have additional optimizations.
Bug Fix SDK initialization fails when using initWithASRBundleAtPath method. (you would typically used this method when you are downloading ASR Bundle from the internet, and not bundling it initially with your app).
Enhancement more robust checking for decoding graph existence.
Release 0.6; Nov 4, 2017
- Bug Fix Crash would occur during SDK initialization on armeabi-v7a architecture
Release 0.5; Oct 19, 2017
- Feature KASRRecognizer methods for speaker adaptation are now available
- Bug Fix NPE would occur on partial or final result callbacks if null lister was passed to AddListener method
Release 0.4; Oct 10, 2017
- Bug Fix startListening would not work on second call (on Android 7.0)
- Feature Support for saving audio files on the device file system
- Feature Support for arm64 abi
- Enhancement Minor optimizations in library size
Release 0.3; Oct 2, 2017
- Basic functionality for live speech recognition. Only arm7v-abi abi is supported in this release.